Family Photo
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Fun times with Niklas
A few months ago we got an e-mail from the High School asking for host families for some foreign exchange students from Germany. We spoke with our kids about it and they got pretty excited so we signed up. Niklas arrived on April 16th and was here until May 7th. We had the funnest 3 weeks we have had in a long time. Something about hosting someone makes you plan fun things almost every day. The kids were sad to see him go on Saturday, but I think they will also miss the constant partying. Niklas went bowling, played laser tag (twice), went to 5 guys burgers, did some hot tubbing, cooked barbecued ribs (twice), went to Lagoon, helped make homemade donuts on fast Sunday, went to a Dave Mason concert in Park City with Hunter, went to In-and-out, visited the Olympic sports park with our family, went to the Symphony with Hunter, hiked Angel's landing with Mike, went to the Hill Airforce museum with Laura and Grace, had an Ice burg milk shake (loved these), hunted for an easter basket, went to Viewmont classes with Hunter for 3 weeks (even seminary one day--didn't go for the early morning thing), went to church for the first time and went 2 Sunday's afterwards as well (I think this was because of the flock of girls that followed him around at church--they loved his German accent), shopped at the Gateway and the outlets in Park City, visited Temple Square and all of the church museums and government buildings in Salt Lake, made German Pancakes (the real ones) with Laura and took them to a Farewell Potluck dinner, had his first taste of mexican food at Cafe Rio with the famous Pork Barbacoa burrito enchilada style--he loved it! We miss him already and plan to stay in touch with him and his family. He was the nicest, most thoughtful, considerate, responsible teenager I have ever met. I hope my kids learned a thing or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I miss him too! That was fun to read about all you did with him! I haven't even done half of those things!
ReplyDeleteHe looks like he could have been a member of the family.
ReplyDelete