Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sweetheart 5k

February 9th, 2013

Sweetheart 5k

Today Michael ran his first 5k with me in the South Davis Sweetheart Run.  Many runners were in crazy pink and red outfits (I couldn't get Michael to do this if my life depended on it).  But we weren't the only one's not dressed up, so it was okay.  We both were totally unprepared and hadn't run much for a couple weeks, but we'll blame our lack of speed on the snow, bad air, and our aging bodies.
My favorite quotes today were from Robert and Grace.
Robert:  "Mom, do you know what would be really weird?  If everyone in the world coughed at the exact same time?  That would sound so funny."  Agreed.
Grace:  After being chastised by James for using the naughty "I" word (idiot).  This was Grace's defense.  "James, I didn't say "idiot" I said "hideous".  You just heard me wrong because you wanted me get me in trouble.  I thought that was a pretty good cover-up word that sounded a lot like "idiot".  For the record, I was listening the first time and she said idiot.

I have been terrible at maintaining my blog.  I'm going to recommit to do better :)

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I was so excited to see you had posted. I sure miss you and your family. Sounds like you and Mike had a fun run.

    ReplyDelete